Thursday, March 28, 2013

Can you say "Plateuuuuuu"? I can! Grrrrr!

Today:
Soooo, my fellow Planners, it seems I've plateaued.  "Ooooooh NOOOOOO!"  Not the plateau monster?!  Yes!  The monster has arrived.  I've gotten stuck at 131, 127, 127!!!  Those are not bad weights but my real goal is to know and understand my body and how to adjust it at will.  I was hoping to be closer to 120 by now.  I'm 5'4" so I do believe I could possibly pull it off, but still yet, a sold 125 would probably be best for someone my height and age.

So here's the plan (no pun intended)  I'm going to write about what I'm eating, drinking and sleeping and see if I can be honest enough with myself to pinpoint what could be causing my weight to be budge proof.

This morning it seems I picked up a pound, however I'm wearing a pair of pants that only a few months ago I deluded myself into believing had shrunk in the wash.  As of today they're baggy on me - so much so, that I'm having to wear a belt.  Those are not bad results as I haven't worn these pants in over a year.  And when I wore them last I vowed to never put myself though that agony ever again!  They were tight and tortured me all day long.  Today, I can hardly tell they're on.  So that's good, but not 120-lbs-good!

So I do believe that I, me, may be reactive to honey.  I've been battling a sore throat recently and ate some honey mixed with turmeric last night as cough medicine.  It doesn't really matter because I believe that I knew, prior to The Plan, that I'm reactive to honey.  So I haven't had any honey today but I believe that may be in part where the extra weight or 'non-budge' may have originated.

The next day:
 So now let's combine my having no more honey, increasing my protein which was one lamb shank and sautéed Kale with onion, a Zumba class and "Walla"!  I'm down a pound.  Yipeeeee! 

But what I really think is making this work again is the increase in protein and my refraining from unsalted potato chips as well as honey.  Oh yeah, and I increased my kelp intake.  I'm shaking on more kelp and have been making seaweed chips.  I just use sushi paper, moisten with lemon, water and chili pepper.  Then roast at 250 for 15 minutes or until they are crunchy like chips.

I'm still having the Flax G with blueberries and coconut milk and I do believe that continues to be non-reactive.   Lunch is basically the same as what's noted in the plan - salad along with Anti-inflam soup or a cook vegetable.  Dinner is always the tricky one.  But I'm going to push forward with having a hardy portion of a non-reactive protein with a green or Timbale and then we'll see what happens.

No comments: